National Physical Therapy Month
Here at Flowers Physical Therapy, October is our favorite month: National Physical Therapy Month! Now is the perfect time to discuss the numerous benefits associated with physical therapy sessions. Even if you’re familiar with physical therapy and have experienced it before, you may not be aware of all that it has to offer. Continue reading to learn more about physical therapy and get prepared for your physical therapy appointment.
What Is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is an extraordinarily dynamic profession dedicated to helping patients find pain relief and enable them to lead healthier and more active lives. Our physical therapists play a vital role in preventative care, rehabilitation, and treatment for patients with injuries, chronic conditions, or illnesses. Our programs are fine-tuned to meet each individual patient’s needs and can treat a wide variety of conditions such as:
- Back pain and sciatica.
- Hip and knee pain.
- Pre and post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Balance and gait disorders.
- Hand, wrist, or elbow pain.
- Car accident injuries.
- Work-related injuries.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
Physical therapy has helped patients of all ages overcome limitations and improve their overall wellbeing. A personalized physical therapy program targeted to your needs can help you return to your prior level of functioning and is a conservative approach to managing your problem. Here are some of the ways physical therapy can benefit you:
- Avoid Surgery – If physical therapy helps you recover from an injury, you can avoid surgery. If your injury requires surgery, you can also benefit from pre-surgical rehabilitation.
- Reduce or Eliminate Pain – Physical therapy exercises and manual therapy techniques can relieve pain and restore your joint and muscle function to reduce pain.
- Improve Mobility – If you’re dealing with mobility limitations, physical therapy can help. Strengthening and stretching exercises can help restore your ability to move.
- Improve Balance – If you are dealing with balance and gait issues, coordination exercises and assistive devices can improve your balance and lower your risk of falls.
- Prevent or Treat a Sports Injury – Our team understands the risks associated with specific sports injuries and can design a program to ensure a safe return to your sport.
At Flowers Physical Therapy, we view physical therapy as the first line of defense. If you are looking for a safe and effective way to manage your pain and recover from an injury, schedule a physical therapy session today!