Treatment of Lower Back and Spine Conditions
Are you suffering from a lower back or spine condition? At Flowers Physical Therapy near Springfield Gardens, we want you to be aware of the most common symptoms and treatments for lower back and spine-related issues. If you are experiencing lower back pain, physical therapy is an exceptional resource for getting you back to feeling normal.
Lower Back and Spine Condition Symptoms
If you are experiencing lower back pain, you should consider getting physical therapy near Springfield Gardens at Flowers PT. If you have back pain, you may be experiencing these symptoms:
- Dull or achy pain in the lower back.
- Stinging pain that moves from the lower back to the back of the thighs (it may also travel to the lower legs or feet).
- Muscle spasms or tightness within the lower part of the back.
- Pain that lingers after standing for a prolonged period of time.
- Difficulty standing up straight, sitting down, or walking.
Back pain is also separated into three segments based on the type of onset and duration:
- Acute pain – A relatively minor variation of pain that may come on suddenly and last for a few days or weeks. This pain typically will diminish as long as you allow the body to heal.
- Subacute lower back pain – This pain may typically last between 6 weeks and 3 months. It usually derives from joint pain or a muscle strain.
- Chronic back pain – Commonly, this pain lasts for 3 months or longer. Initial treatment may not have an immediate effect on this pain, depending upon the severity.
Some of the more common medical treatments can include:
- Muscle relaxants – They act as a depressant for the central nervous system.
- Narcotic pain medications – These weaken pain signals to the brain.
- Back braces – Patients have said that back braces relieve pain and provide comfort.
- Epidural steroid injections – This reduces inflammation to provide temporary pain relief.
- Physical therapy – If you are experiencing lower back pain, we highly recommend physical therapy near Springfield Gardens at Flowers PT. Our physical therapists can come up with a personalized solution and treatment plan for your specific condition.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today to get started on your personalized plan of attack. Our physical therapists will work with you and give you the best possible solution for treating your lower back pain and getting you back on track!