Stretches to Loosen Shoulder Muscles
Have you been experiencing troublesome pain and stiffness in your shoulder and aren’t sure how to treat it? Flowers Physical Therapy provides physical therapy in Rosedale to help you manage your shoulder pain. Our team would like to share some helpful exercises you can do to loosen up tense shoulder muscles. To prevent possible injuries, you should consult with your physical therapist before performing any new activities.
Stiff, tight shoulders can lead to pain and stiffness in your neck, back, and upper body. This tightness can hinder your ability to perform daily activities. Stiffness can result from overuse, tension, or even stress. Physical therapy in Rosedale can be an effective treatment to get you back to full health when dealing with stiff shoulders. During your sessions, you will perform several stretching and strengthening exercises to alleviate your muscle tension. You can also perform many of these exercises comfortably in your home. Read on for some helpful shoulder stretches you can try.
- Depending on your ability, you can perform this exercise while seated or standing. Make sure you maintain good posture.
- Slowly roll your shoulders up, back, and down. Perform this movement ten times.
- Roll your shoulders up, forward, and down ten times.
- Start while seated or standing with your arms at your side. Make sure your back is straight.
- Slowly lift your shoulders towards your ears.
- Hold your shoulders in this position for a few seconds, then gently lower them back down.
- Repeat this exercise five times.
Cross Arm Stretch
- Start by bringing your left arm across the front of your body. Your arm should be at about chest height.
- Place your left arm in the crease of your right elbow, or hold your left arm with your right hand.
- Stretch your shoulder and hold for thirty seconds. Repeat on the other arm.
- Stand up straight with your arms down by your sides. Your palms should be facing your body.
- Swing both arms forward and bring them up as high as you can without raising the shoulders.
- Lower your arms and bring them back up as far as you can.
- Make sure the rest of your body is still. Perform this exercise for one minute.
Physical Therapy in Rosedale
At Flowers Physical Therapy, we offer physical therapy in Rosedale dedicated to restoring our patients’ overall health. We will customize your treatment to cater to your needs and help promote healing. Contact our office today to learn more!Request An Appointment